Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kelly - MIT and the last few days. (day 7 or 8?)

Alex and I decided to go to MIT and visit his friend there last friday. There is really no reason we have to be in worcester to transition and we think that there will be more to do in boston and cambridge. These assumptions were correct, we've had a lot more to do, and much less free time to just sit around and microsleep. For example, during my stay here I've climbed to the top of the dome, discovered a demonic entity, become an MIT fanboy, and made ice cream using liquid nitrogen.

It's been a lot of fun, and really the sleep thing is starting to stabilize. I mean, it's become stable, but not good. Alex is a sleepmonster. He will sleep anywhere and everywhere at anytime. In fact, he is currently sleeping in this room right now. Do you see that counter in the corner? No, he should not be asleep. When I try to rouse him he responds with "I don't see why I should get up." to which I have no response. It has become apparent to me that he will pepetually oscillate in incomplete sleep patterns if we stay here. His friend, the one we are staying with, is the only person that can persuade him to rise, but this wonderful man is not always available. I spent two hours fighting him last night to wake him. So he sleeps, getting REM and totally destroying the polyphasic sleep cycle we've built in the last week.

I know that when I become successfully transitioned in the next few days, if he is not there with me, then it is not due to any fault of mine.

1 comment:

KatVon said...

Kelly, Good Job sticking with it, please expand on "I've climbed to the top of the dome, discovered a demonic entity, become an MIT fanboy, and made ice cream using liquid nitrogen." These should be interesting stories to read, especially written by one as prolific as you. Do Tell!