Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kelly - Day 3

First off, this morning sucked. By this morning I mean after our 7:20 AM nap. I was pretty ok before that, we had a lot of fun last night exploring Worcester, but this morning was freaky. A few conditions we're responsible for this. I moved my mildewey-terrible smelling thing into my room because I found that my body is broken in special ways. After walking around for an hour or two, I found that every right footfall was accompanied by a shooting pain in my lower back. This was probably because sleeping on Alex's hard floor screwed my back up or the walking aggravated it, it's chicken or the egg thing.

So, I moved in this smelly beast and slept on it to try to reduce/fix my back-ness. One fifth of it is still wet, but I covered the whole thing with my waterproof-ish sleeping bag and then slept on it that way. So, I hit sleep immediately and when I awoke I had no idea what was going on.

At first, I thought that I still sleeping! The first thing I remember actually is standing by the alarm. I don't remember turning off the alarm but it was deactivated. I had no idea where I was and everything was sort of hazy and my eyes wouldn't focus on anything. Alex was up too, but we were still both adjusting. I knew something was wrong, because I couldn't alert myself or concentrate on anything. It still seemed like a waking-dream. Every 45 seconds or so, I'd phase out and have a micro dream, weird stuff that actually blended reality with it.

I tried a lot of things to make it better. Any sitting position would cause me to hallucinate micro-dreams. Eating breakfast (chicken fingers and guacamole) was fraught with phantom voices and weird visions. I asked Alex at one point: "Do you think this is what being crazy feels like?"
I played the drums and still like phased out for periods while actually drumming - it was ridiculous. Eventually I opted for computer stuff, and sat down on the floor (I moved the mattresses up on their side during my non-nap periods) and kind of like dropped out of reality. I don't remember anything about that time but I do remember feeling great after it was over. Alex was there and he would have woken me if I was obviously sleeping, so I'm not sure what went on.

I'm still feeling okay-ish from after that experience, I was microsleeping earlier when I was trying to compute, but I found some internets to interest me. I believe the human body desires more to reproduce than to sleep, so it is a powerful instinct to involve.

Last Night

Alex was in a pretty bad state, grumbling and trying to sleep everywhere. I inserted all my drumsticks into the couch as to make it full of spikes. It is not easy to sleep on spikes, but Alex is a creative person. We decided to take a walk at the beginning of our 11:40 pm period. I didn't bring my phone, so we would be without its GPS functions if we were to become horribly lost. We walked forever and ever and ever. We passed by some awesome gothic churches; Alex decoded the roman numerals on it to say 1895. We found something called the "New England Dream Center" which sounds like a front organization- they had vans and stuff. We found a building with windows painted with letters to spell out "Wor" "Ces" and "Ter". My natural response is to pronounce those syllables by themselves as I read it, but the natives here say "wooster" which has two syllables, and I'm not sure how they'd go about pronouncing the above mentioned windows.

My back started hurting pretty badly when we came upon this ominous tower. It was called "Super tower luxury apartments" And it had leather seats in the lobby, and a magical lamp that looked different in the mirror than it did outside of the mirror. We stayed in the "call people you know to let you in" part of the building until some cleaning people showed up and we just followed them into the leathered paradise.

Sitting down, we found our burdens eased, but we didn't get too comfortable before we had to discover the whole of the sinister structure first hand. We took the elevators as high as they would take us, that is, the 24th floor. We then explored the top, looking for windows, but no luck, we could have actually just stood in a rumbling box for a minute and half. We descended the thousandstair allowing our pocket change to fall down the narrow void without great success.

and sleep wise, I feel pretty good still, it's not like last time at all, where by the 4th nap, I was really really really feeling crappy. I can almost forget that I'm doing poly during the day.

No comments: